Monday, November 9, 2009

Are You A Passenger, Or A Spectator?


On October 28th I walked into The Burton Cummings theatre at half past eight. You see, the great thing about The Burton is that if you ever dont get a hold of tickets for a show, then always check the day of because they usually release more floor seats. . so word to that. Nonetheless I successfully got in. The crowd I inticipated all attended but to my surprise I noticed a few seperate groups of parents with small children which was cool. With five dollars in my pocket I purchased one Alexander Keiths and found my seat. Just as I imagined, the lights turned dim and right before you knew it Emily Haines centered the stage. They opened with Twilight Galaxy from their latest full length album called Fanatasies. The sixteen track setlist came nothing close to boring. I stood up during the entire show and was very impressed with the energy of each person in the group. They also didnt fail to prove their worthiness of a great live sound. Setlist continued as followed : Help, I'm Alive, Satelite Mind, Poster Of A Girl, Handshakes, Gold Guns Girls, Collect Call, Empty, Hey, Hey, My, My (Neil Young cover) for an intro into Gimme Sympathy/Sick Muse, Dead Disco, Blindness, Stadium Love. A great encore sealing the deal and proving their greatness couldn't have been any better with Monster Hospital, and Combat Baby(acoustic).

1 comment: