Wednesday, November 11, 2009

M A S H E A D S P A C E


On the Friday night of November the 7th I attended a show at Shannons Irish Pub that shook the ground. The group is a local act that go by the name of Mas Headspace. I heard a lot about them but never had a chance to see them live. I walked in at about ten o'clock to notice a packed and loud crowd of what was about to become a psychedelic adventure. The frontman presented himself as what I would call an Isaac Brock with larger testicles, which in many ways is a good thing. To me it seemed like the lead vocalist was changing into a character of some sort from time to time. I also recall holding a pee for like six minutes because of a song they played that gave me a Quentin Tarantino production feel from a movie I once watched. At one point the lead vocalist pulled out a cow bell of some sort and became even more electric when I thought he had finally began to slow down. All guitar players seemed like they have found the right presence to fullfill the frontmans motions on stage. I can also honestly say that the guitar players are quite talented. The drummer looked like he was having a blast as well which completed the groups performance and integrity. A highlight for myself was probably when frontman put a viking hat on while performing a lovely little song about fungus. The band played basically two sets and didnt fail to keep ladies from dancing and eyes from watching. Mas Headspace has recently released a nine track album called Saffron Airfield. I definitely recommend checking out Mas Headspace in the near future. Kudos.
http://www.myspace.com/masheadspace

No comments:

Post a Comment