Monday, July 18, 2011

Persuit Of (Happy)ness

I never thought it would get to this point. When I started this, I didn't know I would share much of my life with thoughts, or stories with anybody. At the end of each day I just cant help but to bare, a mere small portion of myself. I just cant help it..

I did something without telling anybody for the first time in my life. I've been searching for the perfect path my entire life it seems. Today was different.

After working so many countless jobs, and countless hours. After being in a shadow for so many years, I decided to do something different. I applied for a job that required basically a university degree. Here's the thing. I dont have one..

I applied for an internship position for a well respected company. Not thinking anything of it, I get a call. I get a call from somebody who wanted to meet me. This person wanted to see who I was, and what I was like in person. So I went.

4 interviews later I ended up in the seat on an office downtown. I remember sweating in my bed the night before thinking about how my life could change over night. A chance like no other. Rather than use my rehearsed version, I went in natural. Just me. That entire hour in front of big shots seemed like maybe 2 minutes. What a blur. I spoke with great grammar, and excellent posture. I used reference to show why I wanted a better life. I refered to reasons why I should be chosen. I explained how sometimes you find talent in odd places. I nailed almost every single question with some responses that these guys were surprised to hear. I put my knowledge in to all of it. Most of all, I put my life into it..

I didn't get the position.

Just another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment