Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday, January 14, 2011

The lanterns swing, and the swans lie low... Sipping red wine from a kitchen cup, and listening to " letters from the sky " by Civil Twilight. Dusting off the guitar tonight.. I miss you Carlo. Come home. I found this on my Myspace account earlier. It's a blog I named Pursuit Of Happiness.


People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness.Happiness, it seems to me, consists of two things: first, in being where you belong, and second -- and best -- in comfortably going through everyday life, that is, having had a good night's sleep and not being hurt by new shoes.

I have one life and one chance to make it count for something . . . I'm free to choose what that something is, and the something I've chosen is my faith. Now, my faith goes beyond theology and religion and requires considerable work and effort. My faith demands -- this is not optional -- my faith demands that I do whatever I can, wherever I am, whenever I can, for as long as I can with whatever I have to try to make a difference.

It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.

So what do you stand for?


No comments:

Post a Comment