Sunday, February 13, 2011

TF's Osaka Sun Taco Chili


I went to sleep at about 11 pm last night. Before I dozed off I decided to make chili in the slow cooker. Ingredients as followed,

- 2 lbs ground beef (lean)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 & 1/2 white onion (chopped)
- 1 celery bunch (chopped)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of green chili's
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of beef seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning

From about 10 pm last night my chili slow cooked on medium until about 10:30 am this morning. A fair 12 hours of marinating. It was so worth my time, especially because I did none of it. In fact, I was sleeping the entire time! Why add brown sugar? Because it takes the tang away from the tomatoes and chili seasoning my friends! P helped me out a little considering I had no recipe when I phoned him from the grocery store. Props to you P for answering. It turned out delicious. Anyways, take care of each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment