Monday, February 14, 2011

Red Merlot on a rare occasion


How do you write something about Valentine's Day with out sounding like a party pooper, especially if you're not so into it? I don't know, but here it goes. Love isn't bad, and love always isn't good. It goes both ways depending on your situation, and everybody is different. I think I'm in a time in my life where I'm just content. I have a significant other. I'd say I'm in love. But on a day like today, it just shouldn't all be about remembering you love somebody. It's not about using a day to remind yourself. It's not about who can get the most action. It's not about how many times you've loved or lost. People in love live their lives. Others do different. Some of us spend a lifetime.. Plotting, moving, chasing, searching. Do we find? Do all of us eventually find somebody we will spend the rest of their lives with? I don't know. I don't think we ever will know. So we just live. You can't usually find something you're looking for unless it's in front of you. Maybe it's in front of you, but you just can't notice. So many people are caught up with searching for such a generic lifestyle, or companion. Why not be caught up with being yourself? If it isn't good enough for who ever, then it never will be, because you will change. We're lucky to live, and to eat, and to have shelter. There is no problem with Valentine's Day. Just remember where you came from. Remember that it isn't a race. And it's not about votes. Be you, man..

My mom spent years trying to find the right person. She found, she lost, she did it all. Growing up I watched it happen. Every time. They say you may differ from your elders in ways of not making similar decisions depending on if you learn from them. But my mom didn't necessarily make mistakes. She was very optimistic. She has great gratitude in everything she finds that keeps her happy. She is a strong willed woman. One of many strong willed single mothers around the world. I will tell you this, though. She has lived a life many will not. I love you ma. This entire post is dedicated to you.

"Fight for your life, Tony".

No comments:

Post a Comment